Tikoy is known as the Chinese New Year Pudding. It’s made up of three simple ingredients – the rice flour, water and sugar.
Before we go to the cooking process, here are some Chinese beliefs why we should cook Tikoy during Chinese New Year.
- Tikoy symbolizes money and prosperity.
- It can bring togetherness within the family.
- It can also attract money.
So today is Chinese New Year and here’s the easiest and simplest way to cook it.
How to Cook Tikoy?
- 2 ½ cup sweet rice flour
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
1. All you have to do is to simply mix all the 3 ingredients until it become smooth.
2. Then pour it into a cloth-lined bamboo steamer for 30-60 minutes or as desired.
3. Let it cool and cover it with plastic then store in the fridge.
Other popular flavors of Tikoy include pandan (green Tikoy) and ube (purple Tikoy).
Happy cooking and Kung Hei Fat Choi everyone! Feel free to leave your comments below. ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________