Forbes has released the list of Top Earning American Idol for 2012.
Kelly Clarkson lead this year’s list with earnings of $8 million. Her new record Stronger, guestings on The Voice and Duets, a Toyota commercial and touring helped her achieved the No. 1 spot. She also sang live at Obama’s inauguration.
Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry tie for No. 2. Underwood’s new album Blown Away helped her secure the second spot which has sold 1.2 million copies.
Check out the list below.
1. Kelly Clarkson ($8 million)
2. Carrie Underwood & Daughtry ($5 million, tie)
3. Scotty McCreery ($4 million)
4. Jennifer Hudson ($3 million)
5. Jordin Sparks ($2 million)
6. Adam Lambert ($1.5 million)
7. Katharine McPhee & Kellie Pickler ($1.1 million, tie)
8. David Archuleta & David Cook ($1 million, tie)
According to Forbes, the numbers are based on estimated income from May 2011 to May 2012. The totals were compiled with the help of data from Pollstar, RIAA and others, as well as interviews with industry insiders including managers, publicists, agents and some of the musicians themselves.