Samsung has finally unveiled the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus at a press event at New York City’s Lincoln Center on Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Specs:
- US: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa core (2.35 GHz Quad + 1.7 GHZ Quad)
- International: Samsung Exynos Octa core (2.35 GHz Quad + 1.9 GHZ Quad)
- Galaxy S8: 5.8-inch OLED, 2960 x 1440, 570ppi
- Galaxy S8 Plus: 6.2-inch OLED, 2960 x 1440, 529ppi
- Rear: 12-megapixel, OIS, F1.7
- Front: 8-megapixel, auto focus, F1.7
- Galaxy S8: 3,000 mAh
- Galaxy S8 Plus: 3,500 mAh
- Galaxy S8: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm, 155g
- Galaxy S8 Plus: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm, 173g
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- NFC and MST for Samsung Pay
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- Wireless charging
- LTE Cat.16
- Bluetooth 5.0, can stream to two devices
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac
Pre-orders are now open with retail availability on April 21 in the United States and Asia, then on 28th in most parts of Europe. Colors will come in black, gray, and silver. Gold and blue are options internationally.
Price (not yet confirmed) will start at $720.