Forbes has just released the list of World’s Highest-Paid Athletes for 2015. Floyd Mayweather has been named the world’s highest-paid athlete for a second successive year. Manny Pacquiao in second place.
The two wold greatest boxers earned a combined $460 million in the past 12 months, mostly from their profit-making ‘fight of the century’ at the MGM Arena last May.
Forbes’ figures include salaries, bonuses, prize money and appearance fees, plus estimates on and endorsement and licensing income for one year.
Here’s the list of the top 10 earners, according to Forbes:
1. Floyd Mayweather Boxing $300 million
2. Manny Pacquiao Boxing $160 million
3. Cristiano Ronaldo Soccer $79.6 million
4. Lionel Messi Soccer $73.8 million
5. Roger Federer Tennis $67 million
6. LeBron James Basketball $64.8 million
7. Kevin Durant Basketball $54.1 million
8. Phil Mickelson Golf $50.8 million
9. Tiger Woods Golf $50.6 million
10. Kobe Bryant Basketball $49.5 million