The Supreme Court has just released the results of the 2016 Philippine Bar Examinations on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. The bar exams were held in November last year.
A total of 6,344 examinees, only 3,747 or 59.06 percent passed, which is the highest passing rate in 16 years.
For the first time, the top 10 bar passers were from provincial law schools. Check out the list below.
- 1st: Karen Mae Calam, University of San Carlos (89.05 percent)
- 2nd: Alanna Gayle Ashley Khio, Silliman University (88.95 percent)
- 3rd (tied): Fiona Cristy Lao, University of San Carlos (88.80 percent)
- 3rd (tied): Athalia Liong, Andres Bonifacio College (88.80 percent)
- 4th: Allana Mae Babayen-On, University of San Agustin (88.75 percent)
- 5th: Justin Ryan Morilla, Ateneo de Davao University (88.40 percent)
- 6th: Mark Dave Camarao, Northwestern University (88.10 percent)
- 7th: Anne Margaret Momongan, University of San Carlos (87.80 percent)
- 8th: Jefferson Gomez, University of San Carlos (87.70 percent)
- 9th (tied): Nia Rachelle Gonzales, University of Batangas (87.50 percent)
- 9th (tied): Marie Chielo Ybio, Silliman University (87.50 percent)
- 10th: Andrew Stephen Liu, Silliman University (87.45 percent)
2016 Bar Passers List by Pinoy Ambisyoso on Scribd