AXN on Thursday has revealed the 11 pairs competing in the upcoming season of Amazing Race Asia. Among them are composed of two Filipino teams.
They are former beauty queens Parul Shah and Maggie Wilson Consunji, and former It’s Showtime host Eric “Eruption” Tai and wife Rona Samson-Tai.
“This season’s audition videos were creative, witty, clever and very surprising, so it was a tough selection process. We’re thrilled with the 11 teams—they embody AXN’s brand personality, which is passionate, determined, unexpected and high-octane,” said Ang Hui Keng, senior vice president and general manager of Sony Pictures Television Networks Asia.
The other teams are:
- Rach and Vicky: Travel Hosts, Indonesia
- Louisa and Treasuri: Childhood Friends, Indonesia
- Yvonne and Chloe: Beauty Queens,Malaysia
- Alex and Will: Brothers, Malaysia
- Brandon and Alphaeus: Old SchoolMates,Malaysia
- JK and Mike: Radio DJs,Singapore
- Rei and Kenji: Siblings,Singapore
- Tom and Anita: Dating,Thailand
- Lisa and Nicole: Life Partners, Vietnam
The Amazing Race Asia Season 5 will be hosted by Asian-American actor Allan Wu with Indonesian star Tara Basro.