“It’s Showtime” host Anne Curtis-Smith was rushed to the hospital after she was stung by a box jellyfish while taping an episode of “Dyesebel” in Batangas on Wednesday.
The 29-year-old actress was transferred and confined at the St. Luke’s Medical Center at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City.
Anne tweeted that she was under close monitoring at the hospital for her “jellyfish rash” and for the doctors to check on the “rhythm of my heart.” She said it was her first time to be stung by a jelly fish.
This morning, Anne said via Twitter:
“@annecurtissmith Good Morning everyone!!!! Feeling a bit better today! Praise God! After reading some of the other articles you guys found & tweeted me…”
The box jellyfish is one of the world’s most poisonous animals. Even a smattering of venom can make the heart stop. Dozens to hundreds of people die from box jellyfish every year, anecdotal evidence suggests, though no official tallies exist.
Source 1 | Source 2 ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ Feel free to leave your comments below. ___________________________________________________________________________________________